Health for Asylum Seekers and Refugees Portal banner

Fast Track Address For The Hc1 Form For Asylum Seekers

News & Events


Site suggestions - help us to provide better service

Other HARPWEB sites

Communicate - multilingual appointment card

Local resources - UK database of important local resources

Harp Mental Health and Well-being Resource - website for health professionals involved in assisting asylum seekers and refugees

Asylum seekers who are supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS) will be issued HC2 full exemption certificates by NASS on behalf of the Department of Health with the first voucher they receive. Asylum seekers who are not supported by NASS and are not otherwise automatically entitled to free prescriptions, will have to complete the HC1 form to be exempt from charges. HC1 claim forms can be collected from a Jobcentre Plus Office or NHS hospital. Doctors, dentists or opticians may also be able to supply one. Forms can also be requested by telephoning 0845 850 1166 or online (see below). It is printed in English only and is very long - some people will need help to complete it.

Fast track address for the HC1 form for asylum seekers

There is a special fast tracking address for asylum seekers to send their completed HC1.

You can order the special envelopes through your usual stationary order or send the completed form in an envelope to:

Health Benefits Division,
AS/CL Section,
Prescription Pricing Authority,
PO Box 769,
Sandyford House,
Archbold Terrace,
Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE99 2ZB.

[Last update: 2006-01-16; 16:57]

More information on HC1 form

Also has an on line request facility for HC1 forms.

Link [Last update: 2006-01-16; 16:56]

HARPWEB logo and link to HARPWEB home page About HARPWEB | Site Map | Disclaimer | Contact Us | ©2003 HARP